Designers working to attain automotive operational security in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) can currently reduce alternative size and sophistication using all the MAX16137 single-window voltage track using built in self-test (BIST) in Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM). This window screen IC provides strong protection by monitoring both undervoltage and overvoltage degrees with 1-percent precision allowing designers to quicken system-wide operational safety by giving innovative diagnostics and refresh capabilities. The MAX16137 additionally cuts alternative size in half and also helps reduce design sophistication.
Functional security standards drive layout management in the automotive area. Voltage monitors play an integral part in reporting the wellness of electricity supplies. Further, all these systems should incorporate evaluation circuits to guarantee reliable performance. The MAX16137 provides both analytical and BIST in the processor level to aid designers reach system-wide operational safety quicker for ADAS along with other autonomous driving software.
Even the MAX16137 BIST features assess the manager functionality with no need for external circuitry, thereby reducing design sophistication. By doing this, the MAX16137 additionally reduces alternative size by 50 percent in comparison to the nearest aggressive solution. The IC may be built into various automotive systems like infotainment, body electronics, electricity, electrical vehicle electricity powertrain and IoT systems.
Vital Analog ICs provide Maxim’s improvements in low-power, high profile, single-function products to empower next-generation invention in several markets and applications.
· Built-In Self-Test: Advanced diagnostics in the processor level help programmers meet system-level operational Security requirements using less board space
· Precision Window Tracking: ±1 percentage precision voltage tracking of undervoltage/overvoltage (UV/OV) values could be factory set at ±4% to ±11% of goal voltage
· Improved Size: Eliminating outside diagnostic and evaluation circuitry reduces alternative size by 50%
· Layout Simplicity: Reduce system sophistication
· “Many automotive engineers are building autonomous driving systems where safety is paramount. They have requested higher accuracy supervisory circuits with programmable voltage thresholds and tolerance and built-in self-test, all to make their systems more robust,” said Binay Bajaj, director of business management for the Core Products Group at Maxim Integrated. “We are helping engineers accelerate functional safety and the MAX16137 is the industry’s only supervisory IC with BIST to help engineers meet their goals.”
Availability and Pricing
· The MAX16137 is available at Maxim Integrated’s website for $1.00 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from authorized distributors
· The MAX16137EVKIT# is available for $68