It is the PS5 also known as PlayStation 5 is one of the most popular gaming consoles the moment. Its innovative and cutting-edge capabilities and features make it a sought-after item among gamers. However, that doesn’t mean it isn’t prone to mistakes. One of the biggest problems PS5 utilizes is that it does not come on after entering sleep mode. It will continue to make sound beeps, but it does not wake up.
You’ve tried to play your preferred game, however the device won’t turn on. It is a problem that can be frustrating. PS4 players have also faced similar issues. However, it’s not a problem that is difficult to fix.
This article provides the complete information on what to do if your PlayStation isn’t turning on, even though it is powered by a source.
Why My PS5 Won’t Turn On?
Designers, gamers and engineers have been studying the issue for a long time. According to experts, a variety of issues could cause the PS5 not being able to turn on, even though it has a continuous power source.
Below are the most frequently reported and plausible reasons for thisThis is a common and likely cause
- The power cable has been damaged
- It has been a source of dust
- A pest may have got into the console box
- There’s been a hardware or software issue
- The console is damaged
Methods to fix PS5 isn’t turning on
FIX 1. Start the PlayStation 5 Manually
The first thing to do is reboot the device by hand. Press and hold the Power button on the PS5 console for about 145 seconds. The console will restart itself.
Solution 2: Unplug the the Power Supply of your PlayStation5
You’ve tried restarting manually the Ps5 but it didn’t help. Try unplugging the power supply ] once.
- Then, disconnect the PS5 then disconnect the outlet’s opposite end of the power cable.
- Then, sit for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Connect the PS5 to the power outlet by using the Power cable once more.
- Turn on the device and see whether the device is working.
It is important to note that you must examine the condition of the power cable on the console. If the cable is damaged or broken, you should get the replacement. Sometimes, replacing damaged cables is a good idea. If not, it’s time to look for the next cable.
FIX 3: Power Cycle the PS5
Numerous experts have discovered that the PS5 could turn on when you turn it on and off. If the methods above aren’t working then try this.
Here’s how you can turn off your PS5Here is how you can power cycle your PS5
- In the beginning, hold the Power Button until the LED light ceases blinking.
- Then take it off of the outlet power by removing your power cord. It should take about 20 minutes to complete the process.
- After 20 minutes, connect the power cable and attempt starting your PS5.
FIX 4: Try to Put a Game Disc in the PS5
Some gamers suggest inserting a game disc into the console to get it to start up.
To begin, you must insert a gaming disc into the drive. Check to see if the console is able to insert the disc by itself. If it does then the PS5 will likely start up and then open itself automatically.
If it’s not working, try the next procedure.
FIX 5: Use Another Cable or Socket
One of the primary reasons for a malfunctioning PS5 is a broken power socket or power cable. A worn-out cable, a damaged cable or an unrepaired power outlet can cause the system to shut down.
So, make sure you check your condition with the outlet or cable. If one of them is damaged, you’ll have repair them.
Alternately, you could try connecting the cable to an outlet that is not yours. It may be a solution in certain situations.
Fix 6 You must reboot your PS5 in Safe Mode
Have you tried restarting the PS5 in safe mode? If it doesn’t work, resetting the PS5 in the safe mode might be feasible. To ensure a safe reboot follow this guidefor you to follow.
- Press the Power button for a long time on your PS5 to shut it off.
- Then, press the power button and hold it until the console is making two sound beeps. The first one is audible immediately after it is pressed while the second sound could occur after 7-8 minutes. Let the power button go now.
- Connect the controller to the console using an USB cable. Then you need to press the PS5 button on your controller to turn off the console safely.
FIX 7 You must reset the PS5 using Safe Mode
You’ve tried restarting the console however it didn’t work. You can try restarting the console in Safe Mode and turning it on. This is the complete step-by-step instructionto follow.
- Then then, press on the Power Button to turn off your PS5.
- Then, press on the power switch for 7 to 8 seconds until you hear two beeps.
- Now, grab your console and join it to PS5.
- On the controller In the controller, hold in the controller the PS5 button. You’ll have to wait until the menu appears.
- Once you have done that, choose from the Safe Mode menu from options available.
- Then, click Reset PS5 to reset the device.
Because resetting your PS5 will erase all information stored, you could lose all stored data.
Fix 8: Updating your PS5 System’s Software Manually
You might have to manually update the PS5 software on your system to the latest version in case you are unable to get it working. You can make use of an USB drive to do this.
9 Make sure you clean Your PS5 internally
You’ve tried everything, but it’s not working. It is therefore better to clean your machine completely from the inside. The accumulation of dirt and dust can causes the console to fail. Also, give the console a good clean to determine if the console functions properly.
You can put your vacuum cleaner at low settings in order to cleanse the machine. It is also possible to use the car vacuum cleaner.
You can remove the device and clean it with isopropyl ethanol should you need to.
Here are the top 9 ways to turn on a PS5 on when it cannot be turned on. If nothing else works then you might need to go to the closest Sony center. The expert will inspect the console and give you details about what you should do.