ADLINK Introduces Advanced Express-VR7 with AMD Ryzen Embedded V3000
ADLINK Technology has unveiled the Express-VR7, a COM Express Basic size Type 7 computer-on-module, now powered by the eight-core AMD Ryzen Embedded V3000 processor. This new module is notable for its dual 10GbE interfaces, fourteen PCIe Gen 4 lanes, and optional support for extreme temperature ranges between -40°C and 85°C.
Enhanced Specifications for Robust Applications
The Express-VR7 supports up to 64GB of dual-channel DDR5 SO-DIMM (ECC/non-ECC) memory. It is specifically designed for headless embedded applications like edge networking equipment, 5G infrastructure at the edge, video storage analytics, intelligent surveillance, industrial automation, control, and rugged edge servers.
Diverse Processor Options and High-Performance Features
- SoC options include various Ryzen V3000 series processors, offering a range of core/thread counts and TDP options, including an extreme temperature range model.
- System memory supports up to 64GB via two SODIMM sockets.
- On-module features include an embedded BIOS and an Intel i226 2.5GbE controller.
- Extensive connectivity and expansion options, including SATA III, networking interfaces, USB ports, and multiple PCIe Gen4 lanes.
- Additional I/O options with serial ports, GPIO, and support for various buses.
Reliability and Durability in Extreme Conditions
The module’s design ensures reliable operation in extreme temperatures, as well as resistance to shock and vibration. It meets various industrial standards, including IEC 60068-2-64, IEC-60068-2-27, and MIL-STD-202F, ensuring suitability for demanding environments.
Standard and Extended Linux Support
ADLINK provides standard support for Yocto Linux and Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. Extended support for Yocto Project-based Linux indicates potential for customized BSP services. This versatility in OS support enhances the module’s adaptability for various applications.
Future Development and Availability
While the Express-VR7 COM Express module based on the AMD Ryzen Embedded V3000 SoC is not yet available, ADLINK plans to offer I-Pi development kits for easy prototyping and evaluation, broadening the scope for developers and engineers in embedded computing.